Monday, April 11, 2011

Patternmaking Practice and Progress - The Race With Time

Ideally, I want to be able to at least send my son to private school next year when he turns 5. However, I've got to make the money to be able to do it. My plan is to try and make money as a patternmaker to facilitate this so this is why I took the time out yesterday to see just how feasible this idea is.

I wanted to see just how many blocks I've got to do in Connie Amaden Crawford's book "Patternmaking made easy". There are about 200+ pattern blocks, yes there are 22 main pattern blocks that everything else is built on, but their variations should be practiced too so the principals can "set" in your mind as well as in "your hands" like riding a bike actually.

My goal is to attempt to get all the blocks done by the end of this year and re-launch my patternmaking ad online again in the beginning of 2012. I hope I'll be able to make it. It does mean that I'll have to try and do 2 or 3 pattern blocks every day or more whenever I can to make up for when I can't work on them at all. So here's to juggling. I'm in for the good fight. To my kids!

If you'd like to order Connie's book to learn pattern making (I highly recommend this over all other patternmaking books) you can get it through my fashion squidoo lens at: Budget Online Fashion Design Schools and Resources

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :)