Thursday, December 29, 2011

Free Fashion Figure Template Downloads/Printing How To

Well okay,  about a week ago,  I posted my free fashion figure templates for everyone to download or print,  which ever you like and my instructions for how to get the files into your hands were... a little off.   Google's way of allowing people to view them has changed so this is why I made the mistake in the first place.   So here's the right way to do it and the link to the post so you don't have to look for it if you want to go back and get some fashion figure templates to start working on your own fashion designs after you read this post:

http://myroadtobecomingafashiondesigne.blogspot.com/2011/12/free-fashion-figure-templates-are-here.html

1.  when you see a template you like in the 'free fashion figure templates' blog post left click on the picture

2.  when the 'gallery view' comes up and there's a row of thumbnails at the bottom of the screen with the larger image you chose at the top right click on the big image and click the option that says "open in new tab"

3.  when you're in the new tab you'll see the template on a white background,  run your mouse over it (it'll probably appear as a zoom lens

4.  click to zoom to actual size and print the image out, depending on what size you want the figure to be you may want to save the image and change the size (and eliminate the problem of having the url printed with it at the bottom of the page) or you might just want to take the shortcut and pick the "fit to media" option in your printing dialogue box.

Okay so there you go,  sorry if you had any problems getting these images printed out the first time around.   I might take a while to get my actual patterns made for my portfolio designs,  although they are definitely going to happen (I've already got several design illustrations thought up and ready to scan in and edit),  because I'm also teaching myself how to create digital patterns using CorelDraw9 and Adobe CS2.   It's a must that I learn this because I realize it's the best thing for both my potential clients and myself to do so and it's in demand.   I'll keep you all posted as things progress though.

If you'd like to check out my fashion or eco friendly fashion resources lenses here are their links, feel free to drop me a note if you like what you see/read, I'll be happy to hear from you:

Budget Online Fashion Design Schools and Resources

The Eco-Friendly Fashion Designer's Resource Page 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much! I needed a figure that I couldn't draw, wasted lots of time - and you've really helped me today. Best wishes to you : )
    KatieM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad I could be a help KatieM :) Enjoy

      Delete
  2. Thank yous loads! All th tutorals were a waste of time, I was just about to give up when I found this website! My friend and I love making little outfits for barbies, great practice for when we're older! Hope lot's of people come and see this, I'm definitely recomending this! :) Best wishes,
    YB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, glad I could help. Good luck with your designing goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Ayisha,

    I am a fashion teacher for an afterschool program for middle schoolers. Thanks for your fashion templates!! They are perfect for what I need and best of all it was free. Thanks so much for what you do <3 Selah

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :)